Monday, February 05, 2007

Thank you, Tracey

Anyone that knows me can tell that I am a huge new wave/synth pop fan. Always have been, always will be. I've also been waiting for someone to come along and emulate that special early 1980s NYC dance pop that I spent my formative years listening to. This past weekend, I found it! Tracey Thorn (one half of electronic duo Everything But The Girl) is releasing her solo debut this year and I am in love with the single - "It's All True." Best dance pop I have heard in years with a voice that kills!

Check out the Daft Punk-esque video for the song that I have listened to obsessively for the past three days. Thank you, Tracey!


While we are on the subject of 80s pop, check out this video footage from OMD (yes, Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark). You know...the band that was known for hits such as "If You Leave" and "Enola Gay." This is footage I recently came across from a concert in Sheffield from 1985. The band is performing my favorite song of theirs called "Telegraph." Doesn't get much better than this..atleast that's what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter