Monday, June 04, 2007

In The Ring With The National

Anyone who has spent enough time with me has heard me gush about one band or another proclaiming “this is my favorite band!” And although I might sound like a broken record sometimes I should make it clear that there are many different types of musicians/bands that I classify as my favorites. For example, The Grateful Dead is my favorite jam-band, Steely Dan is my favorite 70’s soft rock band, Josh Ritter is my favorite singer/songwriter and the National is my all-time favorite rock band. I say that with confidence and conviction after catching 2 of their sold out nights at the Bowery last week.

I'm aware that my claim may seem a bit over-the-top but having listened to every National album time and time again I have yet to hear a song that does not move me and their newest offering Boxer has been in constant rotation on my ipod since last Tuesday. See below for the Youtube clip of Matt Beringer singing in the crowd on 5/31 - look for me at around 1:08. It was quite overwhelming being the only lady in a sea of drunken screaming men with the lead singer of my favorite band pouring his heart out less then a foot away.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger John Helmus said...

hey that was the video i shot/posted...what a surprise to have him basically walk right to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter