Monday, November 05, 2007

Havin' a Stanky Time at the 'FMU Record Fair

It's not as easy as it used to be for me to get down to the WFMU Record Fair with the little 'uns at home. Gone are the years when I would blow a whole day and an entire month's discretionary income at the Fair. But I did manage to stop by for the tail end yesterday. I only had an hour, but I got my fix.

I ran into FOSF (Friends of Shore Fire) Billy Miller and Miriam Linna, who always have the best-placed (and stocked) table at the fair. They hipped me to the new Dictators double LP of early demos and rare tracks that they just put out. Can't wait to crack that one open!

Another highlight from my haul (even though I haven't listened to it yet!) is the debut LP by Stanky Brown. Yeah, I've never heard of them either, but with a name like that....Note the price tag on this record. And then take 50% off. That's what I paid. How can you go wrong?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter