Tuesday, July 07, 2009

And Good-bye to you too, old eMusic

You lost me there, eMusic. I've been a cheerleader and obsessive user for almost five years (and very much enjoyed working with you for a year), but you just ruined a good thing. The Sony catalog is great, I've no truck with that. And and I grumbled and groused at the new rate you're forcing on me -- even though I'm going from 17 cents a song to 40 something, I got used to the idea. After all, I'm in the music business so how could I be too down on musicians and labels making more? But I'm sorry, I just can't deal with the new, confusing, super-un-user-friendly, no-fun-at-all, big bummer changes in how downloads are counted. It's just too much...albums more than 12 songs count as 12, but now some albums with longer songs, but fewer than 12, count as 12? Can't download long songs individually? I wish you luck, honestly, but I also hope you'll reconsider. I really do want to stick with you and I'm ready to pay more. But don't make eMusic harder to use me at the same time you're jacking up the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter