Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Kids love Black Moth Super Rainbow

The kids love Black Moth Super Rainbow, and not just the folks in their twenties who packed the band's concert Friday at South St. Seaport. No, I'm talking about the second-grade set, like my kid Leo. I picked him up at camp drop off and then we trained it down to the show (after a quick bite at L&L Hawaiian Barbecue on Fulton St.). Andy, a co-worker, hooked me and Leo up with VIP wristbands, which led to a highlight for the both of us: we got to meet the main singer and songwriter Tom. Leo and I (the whole family, really) are huge BMSR fans, so that was an extra-special thrill. Of course, Leo asked why we didn't get to meet Dylan last week, but that's another story.

We parked ourselves in the perfect location, right up front on the side, against the barricades, and stayed put the entire show. Leo was transfixed and I'll hand it to him, paid attention all the way through. BMSR now have a guy dressed in a gray animal suit, wearing an odd oriental visage mask, who jumps around with a mike lip-synching (without lips because of the mask) the vocals, while in truth, the singing comes from Tom, sitting cross-legged halfway back on the stage, leaning into a small mic. The furry man certainly gave the crowd something to focus on.

Brooklyn Vegan's got a ton of photos, including one that I cribbed below....if you look closely, that's Leo and me on the far right.

UPDATE: Here's a snazzier shot from Tearntan on Livejournal.







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter