Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bring on your wrecking ball

Take a good look, America. Giants Stadium will soon be demolished and really, no one but Bruce Springsteen could give it a proper farewell.


Check out what Jon Pareles had to say about Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's final performance of their 5 night run at Giants Stadium in his stellar New York Times review.

Here's our very own Elizabeth Lutz enjoying the show with her awesome mom.


It's never easy to say goodbye to an old friend (or a 1970s sports arena/stadium). As I contemplated "Wrecking Ball" lyrics, I started thinking about all my fond memories of Giants Stadium, where I saw my first Bruce Springsteen concert. It was a bittersweet moment. Perhaps, had I brought my binocs, I would have done a better job of looking at the bright side of things. (That's my buddy Nils sporting the Casio, not the binocs.)

Luckily, Bruce Springsteen will be back in November. And although Giants Stadium will no longer be open, this tramp will still have wonderful memories.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter