Thursday, February 04, 2010

For No Particular Reason:

Here are 10 of my favorite quotes about music, collected over many years...

"Music should never be harmless."
- Robbie Robertson

"Years from now, after I'm gone, someone will listen to what I've done and know I was here. They may not know or care who I was, but they'll hear my guitars speaking for me."
- Chet Atkins

"James Brown is the only human to develop a musical style that didn't exist before him. He invented funk"
- ?uestlove

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."
- Frank Zappa

"Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them."
- Richard Strauss

"Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings." - Ed Gardner

"I've always felt that blues, rock and roll, and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

"You can't play anything on a horn that Louis Armstrong hasn't played"
- Miles Davis

"Music makes one feel so romantic - at least it always gets on one's nerves - which is the same thing nowadays."
- Oscar Wilde

"If there hadn't been a Sam Phillips, I might still be working in a cotton field"
- Johnny Cash

"I don't know anything about music. In my line of work you don't have to."
- Elvis Presley

"Hell is a half-filled auditorium."
- Robert Frost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter