Friday, March 26, 2010

This California Girl Can't Get Enough of Amoeba Music

When people ask me, what kind of music I like, I don’t say “everything, but….” I say “everything” and I mean EVERYTHING. From klezmer, to country, to rock, pop, funk gospel, disco, shoe gaze, no wave, prog, punk, jazz, grunge, blues, folk, goth and everything in between. I want it all, baby! I realize purists may find this statement offensive. But you know what? Screw ‘em!

As an enthusiast, (and a Californian) my all-time favorite place to buy music is Amoeba. While visiting recently, I went to all three Amoeba locations (again…) and picked up a pretty eclectic mix of records (including “A Little Touch of Schmilsson In the Night” on vinyl and a Demi Lovato CD). Photos below:

San Francisco -


Berkeley -

Hollywood -


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter