Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Me & Josh

On Saturday night my mom and I went to see the inimitable Josh Ritter at The Christ and Holy Trinity Church in Westport, CT. This was one of the more unusual venues on Josh’s 23 date solo acoustic tour. He is one of the most, if not the most gifted singer/songwriter of my generation but what is more incredible about Josh is his genuine love of performing and his admiration for his fans. The first time I saw Josh perform was at the Bowery Ballroom last Spring and I never felt so much positive energy emanate from one person before in my life. It was amazing how his smile and laugh ignited the crowd and his songs had everyone singing along and dancing. Although the of setting of Saturday’s show was much different than the dingy Bowery Ballroom Josh’s enthusiasm and lighthearted wit transcended the church settings in a rapturous performance. His alluring vocals and guitar picking sounded glorious in the church acoustics. He played songs off his acclaimed record ‘The Animal Years’ as well as some earlier stuff and one new song.



Josh is well-known for sticking around after shows to greet fans (like me, I'm just a fan) and to be honest I don’t know how he does it. He gives each and everyone his undivided attention and makes them feel special, signing autographs and taking photos. Here is a shot that my mom took of Josh and I that night.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Shael said...

Carrie and Josh make such a cute couple...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter