Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Relix Party

Last night, Diana D'Angelo and I stopped in to the Gotham Comedy Club for Relix' party in celebration of its two newest family members- Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs. We saw a lot of friends of Shore Fire, including Wes Orshoski, Josh Baron, Mike Greenhaus, Tad Hendrickson, Richard Gehr, and Heather Davis of the newly launched Drumhead magazine.

In describing his goals for the new group, publisher Steve Bernstein made a very interesting observation, one that I've noticed myself: while the music that the metal mags cover is dark, loud, and a bit frightening, the people who work at the magazines are the complete opposite- sweet, cheerful, and outgoing. He said that most people expect the "hippies" at Relix to be the nice ones, but in fact it's "most likely going to be the birkenstocks stomping on the black boots of the metal people".

Afterwards, Diana and I headed over to Trailer Park, a favorite haunt for several of us Shore Fire-ites, for a basket of their delicious tater tots. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Diana said...

If I had a dollar for every food reference on this blog I could buy myself a nice dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter