Friday, June 29, 2007

Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire


It was recently the 40th anniversary of Monterey Pop, the California festival that brought artists such as Jimi Hendrix and Laura Nyro to the world's attention. That's where my dear friend Ed Caraeff, then 15 years old, took what Jann Wenner once called "the most famous rock 'n roll photo ever" of Hendrix setting his guitar on fire.
Eddie, who went on to a successful photography career and is now an equally successful LA chef, was honored at the anniversary celebration for his work, and is shown here standing next to the photo display. Way to go, Eddie!

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger rlnyc said...

Hi: I am trying to find a contact information for Ed Caraeff and see that you say he is a "dear friend" of yours. I would like to use a photograph he took of Velvert Turner in 1971 and have Velvert's mother's permission but haven't been able to get ahold of Ed.

You can find out more about me at www.richardlloyd.com or e-mail at lloyd206@aol.com or cell phone 917 287 7214. Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps you could let Ed know I am looking for him and have him contact me, or give me some sort of contact info for him --btw, which resturant is he chef for?

Best regards,
Richard Lloyd

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger ldoc8 said...

Hi: I'm trying to contat Ed Caraeff. He took a picture of Karen Carpenter that I want to use and I need to get a release. I would appreciate a contact poit so I can see if he would give me the release.
Thank you very much.
ldoc8@aol.com
Leo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter