Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The White Stripes Rock The Fillmore


"Do you work for a record label? I work for a record label. Do you work for Spin Magazine? I work at Spin magazine too." - Jack White (6.19.07)

Although I do not work at either a record label or Spin, my roommate is diehard enough to wake up at 4am to stand in line for concert tickets to the White Stripes - and then invite me along! Last night, Jack and Meg played a secret show at the Fillmore/Irving Plaza, a rare chance to see the duo in such a small venue (they play Madison Square Garden Sunday July 24.) Needless to say, they were awesome. Jack White is an utterly amazing musician and after watching him play for almost two hours I am still in awe. The man is a maniac, we are talking one-handed guitar solos during the encore. They played many songs from the new record 'Icky Thump' which came out yesterday, some covers ("Jolene", "Draft Dodger Rag") and of course favorites like "Ball and Biscuit", "My Doorbell" and "Cold, Cold Night."

Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/danfun/tags/whitestripes/

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Elwood D. Pennypacker said...

They're playing MSG this Sunday? Don't you mean, July 24th?

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Mark Satlof said...

Yes, e.d., you're right. Thanks, it's fixed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter