Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Who's your ice cream man?

In a dispatch from the is-this-really-happening musical file, last night I got the chance to see Van Halen in their (almost) original lineup at the Garden. As David Lee Roth said "We're three quarters original and one fourth inevitable." I admit I might have forgotten a little just how bat out of hell blazing the Van Halen brothers were until the opening riff of "You Really Got Me" nearly took the paint off the walls.

Here's the view from the seats before the show:

And of course the Van Halen blimp. What gives, why don't more bands have blimps? I feel like I've been robbed on previous arena shows.


And the main attraction, Eddie and Diamond Dave. Plus, lots of confetti. Whoa. I wonder what the teacher's going to look like this year.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter