Thursday, December 20, 2007

Roxy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Yesterday, I took a vacation day to spend some quality time with my 20-month-old daughter Roxy. I always forget how much work it is to spend a full day alone with a toddler and yesterday was no exception. It started when my husband missed his redye flight back to NYC from LA (he arrived at the airport a minute too late) and woke me up at the crack of dawn to tell me the news....Then my daughter was up for the day at 5:35am with a horrible cough that got progressively worse throughout the day and refused to eat anything including my breakfast specialty-- french toast on cinnamon raisin ezekiel --which she normally adores. I then had a doctor's appointment which I had no choice but to take her to. We were forced to wait in the waiting room for an hour as I thoroughly exhausted all efforts to entertain her including the portable DVD player with her favorite Elmo movie and a game of leapfrog on the chairs. As Roxy burst into tears and tried to escape the room, I spotted Candace Bushnell giving me the evil eye and then overheard another woman on her phone "you thought your dog was wild....There is a woman in my doctor's office who can't even control her child." My day was not going well! However, it did manage to end on a high note when Roxy and I had a fun play date at her pre-toddler time class at the Children's Aid Society where she couldn't get enough of the animal cookies! Here she is with her teacher Kim:And here she is again at the top of the slide:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter