Monday, March 31, 2008

Wild Times at Ralph's World, or....

..."Where's my kids?"

I had a few panicked moments when I lost track of my two kids during a mob scene, kiddie-riot this past Saturday at the SRO Ralph's World show at Symphony Space in New York City. Ever been to a Stooges show, where Iggy exhorts -demands- the audience to join him on stage? Things get scary up there, with a mob/scrum dancing and shouting, pushing and shoving.

Ralph's World's Ralph Covert does the same to close his shows, and every time I've seen him, the scene has been getting more and more raucous. This past weekend, I hoisted my boys up into the crowd...and then they disappeared. I'd lost sight of them up there. I took a few steps back, and wouldn't you know it, Leo and Eli had wormed their way through the other kids to end up planted directly in front of Ralph. Phew.

Ralph's World was incredible as usual, and they played a few terrific new songs from their upcoming new album "The Rhyming Circus" (May 20. Disney Sound). I can't get "Gotta Be Good" outta my head. We're psyched to be working with Ralph's World again (and so are our kids):

Here's my bored-looking kids Eli, the little kid w/ the horizontal striped shirt, standing right next to Leo (holding the camera). Rest assured they has a blast at the show.

Here's a wonderful shot of rock star Ralph, taken from the stage by 6 1/2 year old Leo:


An overview of the on stage crowd.


One sweet shot from the stage, taken again by Leo:


Ralph, Leo, Eli, and Eli's friend Skyler.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your kids are definitely the cutest.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Mick Jeffries said...

those kids are just mouthpieces for the cruel and calculated kiddie-rock industry juggernaut. you can see it in their eyes.

The Kiddie Rock Revolution Will Be Blogulized!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger lolliloobedoo said...

Hey Mark!
Glad to see you've joined the blogging world. Now we Kentuckians can keep up with you without flying all the way to NYC.
Love,
loll

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger suznyc said...

Apples fell very close to the tree, indeed! Nice camera work, Leo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter