Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Reading: Twilight

Never underestimate a book about high school romance with vampires in it.

That’s the lesson I learned after reading Stephenie Meyer’s novel ‘Twilight,’ which is about, well, a high school romance with a vampire. I went on vacation recently with some college pals, and for poolside reading, one of my friends had gotten us each a copy of the wildly popular teen book (which is still the #5 book on Amazon right now, and the first in the Twilight Saga series). I was skeptical, especially since I hate when books try to grab your attention with a shiny “Soon To Be A Major Motion Picture!” sticker on the cover, but I obliged. It’s not ‘War & Peace,’ nor would I say it’s not what I expected from a book about vampire teen romance, but it was a great read – entertaining, fun and perfect for summer. It’s very easy to see the Twilight series as the next step for kids who recently outgrew the Harry Potter books.

And about that major motion picture…I totally can’t wait. After the huge Entertainment Weekly cover story on the film a few weeks ago, plus all the Comi-Con buzz, I’m…well…THIRSTY for more JUICY details (many, many puns intended). You can watch the trailer here:



The fourth and final installment of the Twilight Saga comes out Saturday. Anyone camping out at a local bookstore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter