Friday, May 01, 2009

Groovie Heaven


My co-worker Nick Loss-Eaton provided an excellent Ponderosa Stomp recap below, so I'll just cut to the chase. The Flamin' Groovies are one of my all-time favorite bands, and seeing Cyril Jordan and Roy Loney reunited was a rock & roll dream I never thought would come true!

P-Stomp photographer par excellence Jacob Blickenstaff snapped the above photo of Cyril, Roy and me just a few minutes before they took the stage. And yes, that's the neck of Cyril's signature translucent Danelectro guitar (the same one featured on the cover of 'Teenage Head') in the pic.

As for the show itself, check out the below clip. If it doesn't totally blow your face off, then you need to schedule an appointment with Doctor Boogie stat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter