Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stop The Show

Built To Spill, Shore Fire client and one of my favorite bands, is in town for 4 nights of shows in NYC, playing music from their 7-record catalog including tracks from 'There Is No Enemy,' their newest album, out last week.

Andy and I caught their first NYC show at Webster Hall last night and it was excellent. We walked in while the band played "The Plan," - I can't think of a better way to start a show (and an album). Highlight of the one and a half hour set was an encore of the gloriously slow-burning, guitar-charged (albeit shortened version of) "Stop The Show," from 'Perfect From Now On.' The band sent us home with an 11-minute version of "Conventional Wisdom," full of gratuitous guitar soloing (I mean that in the best way possible).

Not the best pic I've ever taken, but it will have to do:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter