Monday, February 08, 2010

Geaux Saints!

Wanna know a secret? I don't like football. Not since I was 11 years old and Tony Dorsett was the best player in the league, anyway. What can I say, it's just not my thing. My wife and daughters are eternally grateful for this.

But I do like New Orleans. A lot! I went to college there and try to make it back a couple times a year.

Still, I fully admit I'm the worst possible fair-weather Saints fan. A month ago, I couldn't have told you the name of a single player on the team. But I did have a general awareness that they were having an historic season, and once they made the Super Bowl I decided I would watch it all the way through for the first time in my adult life.

Great game!

I had a pretty good time, but not as good as these folks. They're hanging at one of my favorite places on earth, The Saturn Bar in New Orleans' Bywater neighborhood. In fact, see those strands of hair in the lower right-hand corner of the photo? They belong to a friend of mine. This pic ran huge - half a page - in the NY Times today, and you can read the full story here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter