Thursday, April 15, 2010

Songprequels: The Latest Meme Dredged Up On The Interwebs

The concept of internet memes is most certainly not new. In fact it's literally become the basis for real businesses by now. Go figure.

But the latest twitter meme sweeping the world about now is to near to our hearts as a conglomeration of music geeks to ignore. Concept is simple, a songprequel (or #songprequel) is just what you'd think it is. A prequel.

So:

"99 Problems" >> "100 Problems"
"Oops I did it again" >> "Oops I did it"
"Let's Spend the Night Together" >> "Let's Spend The Afternoon Together"

...and so on. Brilliant.

So, here's our attempt, the results of an informal stream of consciousness poll of the office. Done with no cheating or googling by the way.

* Pregnant In The USA
* Here in Black
* Finding Parking Close to Heaven's Door
* Grandpa Was A Stone
* I Am Glad You Are Here
* November Overcast
* The Intermission Of The Innocence
* Won't Get Fooled
* Having My Religion
* London Dialing
* 95 Tears
* Romance Hotel
* 49 Ways To Leave Your Lover
* Real Empire

...and of course, the trio of U2 classics: "Zero," "New Years Eve," and "I'm Looking For Something"

What did we miss?

EDIT: This blog post was a hit on our Facebook page, here were some of the choice comments:

* I Crawl the Line
* Chicken Alive
* Thunder Driveway
* Lou Reed: "I Wanna Be Black" >> James Brown "I'm Black And I'm Proud"
* Friday Night's Alright For Quiet Contemplation
* Android forgets prescription at home
* Open minded about the devil
* Among only a couple dozen kids in new york... See More
* Frequent ferry service over troubled waters
* A brick in the wall
* We're running a strong second, my friend
* Sexual injuries
* My guitar seems like it's getting a little upset
* I Would Do Anything For Love (including that stuff you saw on the internet)
* Me & Julio Really Close to School Property
* We just got a construction permit for this city and hired a general contractor
* A Reasonable Amount of Love
* Boy's Don't Start to Get Choked Up
* London Finally Bought a Cellphone
* Breathing Nitrogen Under Pressure
* Wonder-bricks-and-mortar
* Hard Day's Day
* Find me (like you left me)
* When the levee springs a leak
* Achilles stupid idea... See More
* Babe, I'll be around for a bit at least
* The breakdown of diplomacy in Evermore
* Bring it to Work
* Communication
* Celebration's Eve
* Fool In The Breeze
* Nine years gone
* A pile of auspicious newel posts, balustrades, and treads
* Three sticks
* Acquaintances
* Calling travel agent re California
* The applying for a visa song
* Sick
* Black country adolescent
* Down on his luck Tom
* Living Maid
* Milk, sugar, egg yolks, flour, shortening, rolling pin, bowl
* Just got to the top of the hills
* In the afternoon
* The greater Tawi River region
* In my time of coming down with something
* Starter apartments for the devout
* Ramble
* The Song
* Devil looks at her closet but can't quite decide which color of dress is appropriate today
* An Easy Night's Day
* Nearby in the Universe
* Broken Up into Fragmented Groups
* And Your Bird is Taking Vocal Lessons
* Baby, You're a Poor Boy
* Recently Left the USSR
* Why?
* Placed a Classified Ad to Purchase Love
* Currently Apart
* Get Choked Up, Baby, Choked Up
* Drive Alongside of Me
* Seven Days a Week
* Some People Are Trying to Be My Baby
* Bought Hole-Fixing Equipment
* For A Few People
* Pretty Good So Far
* Female Infant
* Good Evening
* Considering the Possibility of Having You in My Life
* A Cold Gun is Upsetting
* I Think I Might Need Assistance Sometime Soon... See More
* Her Duchessness
* It's Dark Out
* A Couple of Places
* Honey Do
* I Feel Crappy
* I Know Fairly Well
* I'm Sort of Interested in You (She's gaining weight)
* I Might
* I'm Not Winning Everything
* I'm Up
* I'm Slightly Sleepy
* I'm About to Look at a Face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter