Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More Memories of Ike

I had the honor of working Ike’s 2001 album ‘Here & Now,’ and have many fond memories from the time I spent with him. He was always a total gentleman, a consummate professional, and I’d have to agree with Mark’s post below that he was the most appreciative client I’ve ever worked with.

We stayed in touch over the years (he was fond of sending long, inspirational emails) and I ran into Ike - literally, as he was rounding a corner on his way to the bathroom - at a pre-Grammy party in Los Angeles earlier this year. To my delight, he remembered me right away. The next day, and after over 50 years of music-making, he won his first solo Grammy.

Here’s a pic of Ike and me backstage at Antone’s, after his big SXSW comeback performance in 2001. It was the most talked-about show at SXSW that year, and a night I’ll never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter