Thursday, April 03, 2008

eMusic Scores Big with the Rolling Stones

Hi. I'm Mark S. and I'm addicted to eMusic. They did me no favors this morning, when I logged on an hour ago and found TWENTY THREE ROLLING STONES ALBUMS NEWLY ADDED TO THE SITE. I don't know how they sneaked this one by me, but I'm headed over to buy some super downloads booster packages.

The first one I've downloaded is More Hot Rocks, a sentimental favorite. As a young kid -- seven, eight, nine -- I'd been buying Beatles albums at every chance. Actually, asking for them as presents is more accurate. I remember going one day to the Value House department store with my Dad. He bugged me to try something different for a change, and suggested that the Rolling Stones were very popular. I flipped through the bin and picked More Hot Rocks at random. For the following several years, it's all I knew of the Rolling Stones...their weirder b-sides, minor hits, oddball psychedelia.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They had a "secret" hint in the Coming Soon section of the New On Emusic page that said "Wentworth Primary Players 4/3". I didn't notice it until it was pointed out on 17dots.com, which usually lists important new releases on emusic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter