Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ALL POINTS WEST


This weekend Lauretta and I went to the All Points West Music Festival. We trekked from downtown Manhattan via the Path train and the Light Rail to Jersey’s fine Liberty State Park. It was a lovely day for an outdoor festival.



The festival grounds were a little chaotic with 30,000 music fans roaming freely but interestingly enough we ran into our friends without the aid of cell phones. In the massive crowd watching the Kings Of Leon I spotted my childhood friend Katie and her boyfriend Matt. Then a stage away we ran into Shore Fire staffer Robby Krauser and his wife Natalie who were hanging with music scribe Tad Hendrickson.


Me, Robby, Natalie and Tad Hendrickson watching The Roots

Sadly due to the insane lines we missed one of my favorite bands the Felice Brothers. The music was great! We saw sets by The Black Angels, The Roots, The Kings Of Leon and the evening was capped off by Radiohead's phenomenal closing set. From now on as long as I live I vow to never miss a local Radiohead show.


RADIOHEAD!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter