Monday, April 07, 2008

That was Then and This is Now....

I got to see my old friend and band-mate Sherman Ewing perform the other night at Ace of Clubs...and I'm so impressed that he's kept up as performing musician. He's getting better as a singer and songwriter every time I see him, and his crowd's getting bigger too. Another old band-mate, John "Jo Jo" Hermann, originally the drummer but now the longtime keyboardist for Widespread Panic, was in town and sat in for half the show.

In 1985, I played guitar for the band, originally Sherman & The Bureaucrats, and later just the Bureaucrats. Here's the photo (taken by David Gahr) that appeared on the back cover of our one and only, and ultra-rare, single (produced by Wayne Kramer!). Except for the guy on the far right, we all were in the same room at Sherman's show. Here's That Was Then:



And here's the This is Now shot. On the far left is Denny Dennis, original 'Crats guitarist and then manager, followed by John "Jo Jo' Hermann, Sherman Ewing, Bill Zuckerman and me.




Before the show, I got to catch up with Jo Jo and Sherman at dinner.

And here's a shot of Sherman with Jo Jo on keys and Michael Ray on skronkin' trumpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter