Monday, April 07, 2008

Jens Lekman @ Webster Hall 4/5

I saw the Swedish darling Jens Lekman on Saturday night at Webster Hall (sorry I don’t have any pictures…my camera is officially dunzo), and there’s something so refreshingly sincere about his music, voice and stage presence. I think my friend said it best when he noted that there’s nothing ironic about Jens Lekman. No shtick, no gimmick, no costumes or I Did This To Win A Bet mustache. Just an adorable man singing about things like his hairdresser. And he sings about these things beautifully, without being too precious or hysterical.

Though his set was short, Jens played all my favorites: “A Postcard to Nina,” “Black Cab,” “The Opposite of Hallelujah” and “A Sweet Summer’s Night on Hammer Hill.” He also played a few encores and managed to engage the crowd in a massive whistle-along during one tune, which earned him lots of bonus points in my heart.

Oh, Jens Lekman. How can you be so charming and endearing? It seems almost physically impossible…

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Pig said...

Yeah Jens is the best!!! My favorite song is If You Ever Need A Stranger (To Sing At Your Wedding). :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter